Thursday, May 1, 2008

#5

Act I, Scenes1-3: What do you think would be the hardest part of life in the Secret Annex: the fear of discovery, the need to keep silent for hours at a time, the sharing of cramped quarters with strangers, or some other aspect? Explain.
I think that the hardest part of living in the annex would be the fear of discovery because you would always have to be aware of everything you do and be silent all the time, worried that one tiny mistake could get you all arrested and maybe even killed. Also the fear of discovery would be hanging over your head all the time so that even when you think you are sure you are safe and can relax and have fun, you can never really enjoy yourself because of that naging fear and doubt at the back of you mind that will keep you perpetually nervous. I think that if i had to live in the secret annex i would be worried at first and extrememlly careful but later on more relaxed and that is when you are more likely to make mistakes and be discovered. I think that especially after making a mistake you would have a whole new batch of being worried and trying to be careful again. It would be an endless cycle!

1 comment:

Aguri said...

It would be endless. You would be worried, then feel safe, then worried, etc. I don't think I could stand that. One little mistake and it could mean you and other's lives. It would be a massive responsibility. I don't think I could handle that at all. Also, being isolated, I'm sure that nowadays with internet and stuff, it would kill people to be isolated from others when they aren't used to it.