Wednesday, May 7, 2008

#5

During the crisis in Act Two, Scene 3, Mr. Frank says, “We don’t need the Nazis to destroy us. We’re destroying ourselves.” What does he mean here? Are the Annex inhabitants crueler and more destructive than when they first went into hiding? How would you describe the forces destroying the characters from inside? Do you think, given their desperate situation, that such behaviour was inevitable?
When Mr.Frank says, "We don't need the Nazis to destroy us.We're destroying ourselves." He is talking about how because of all the arguing and conflict between the characters the dont' need the Nazis to hurt them because they are already hurting each other so much. The people in the Annex are not more cruel and destructive than when they first went into hiding, they are just feeling the tensions of being unable to go outside and be alone for 2 years. I think that the fear of being discovered and that all the characters are hungry creates alot of tension between the characters that would not have occured if they were free and living their old lives. Starvation and fear are what is destroying the characters and making them attack each other. I do think that them arguing was inevitable and I am surprised that there wasn't more conflict earlier given the many different personalities and the situation. I think that in any other situation they wouldn't fight and that no one is really cruel but they act cruel because of fear.

2 comments:

Caleb J. said...

Nice blogging, good job staying on time.

I think that you COULD NOT BE MORE CORRECT!!! Little over-the-top but I think you hit the preverbal nead of the nail. Yes, as the inmates of the Annex have to put up with eachother longer and longer, the pations gets shorter and shorter untill Mrs. Frank totally blows up in Mr. Van Daan's face. I thought that it was about time some adult had an argumant.

Nice blog, hope to see more,

Caleb J.

ChristinaY said...

Very Very good Hahnji. lol wassup my spiderman! ;P
This was a really good explanation of what Mr. Frank really meant when he said that. When I was doing my blogs yesterday, I chose not to do this one because I didn't really understand what it was asking. Then today, I saw the part when Mr. Frank says that. Now I kind of wish I chose that instead of a different one. But oh well~ Anyways back to the subject! I think you were able to write an accurate answer to the question. It helped me understand more thoroughly what the question was asking us to do.
Great job on the post!! cya tomorrow~! xD
luv ya~ ♥