Thursday, May 1, 2008

prejudice


To me prejudice is when someone is against someone else or has an immediately bad opinion against them because of something that they can't change. For example your race.
Prejudice often makes people feel left out or angry at others who have been prejudiced against them. Prejudice can effect peoples lives in how they make decisions, education and job opportunities, and in how they make friends. Often people are grouped together or seen as a whole a bad when one person does something bad and everyones opinion of them and people like them changes. I have seen prejudice in people being racist, in others assuming you are just like your friends or giving you a label. I think that prejudice is bad and it is not right to judge by appearances.

3 comments:

Aguri said...

I agree with you. People shouldn't be quick to judge you on how you look and act. In fact, I am guessing that that is one of the main reasons of prejudice. Also, neat picture you have on this post.

BeccaR said...

aaaawwwww!!!
Your ducky pic is soooooo cute!!!<3 I want it. I think the little yellow duck is you1 jkjk

Yeah, prejudice sucks. I hope that I'm never prejudice to anyone because it's just stinkin' mean and selfish because people are letting their feelings get the best of them! hhmmfff!!!
lol

Luv ur post!

Seo Young M. said...

Cute(?) picture of the chicks!
I agree with you on the effects of prejudice. And when you wrote that prejudice can occur when one person of a certain race does something wrong, people tend to think that the whole race is wrong! That's stupid! Similar thing happened in the Bible... I think... :p I think it's similar to some Koreans hating the Japanese because of the time of the Japanese Imperialism...