Friday, March 28, 2008

who are you?

Lost names is all about how losing your name means losing your identity. In lost names everyones name is taken away by the japanese, the narrator also talks about how people are weak and allow themselves to be taken over. I think that the koreans had already lost their identity and pride in their country which made it easier for the japanese to take their names and the rest of their identitys.
I think that the author of lost names, Richard Kim never mentioned any names, except for the names given to the koreans by the japanese, in the book to emphasize how the koreans lost their names and identitys so that they cant even tell anyone their real names.
Who are you?
What is your identity in?

7 comments:

gossip girl said...

hey hahnji!! i'm the first one to comment! haha. anywaysss, u did a really good job on this post. it's pretty interesting and it talks about identity!! Our chapel topic!!! Well, it was good. luv ya lots!!!(:

Sharon said...

I think that this book is great!!!!!
I love your opinion about how the koreans lost their pride... and etc... anyways luvya!!

Caleb J. said...

Wow, deep...
I think you are corect, perfectly. The Koreans (in THIS book) hod lost their will, their want, their NEED to be rid of the Japanese. Now, I am not saying everyone was like that, but, 3 times in the book, 3 times, does it mention how the Koreans were longing for the Japanese to leave, how they would kill to get it. No, I cant say I remember that, once even...

Caleb J.

Hannah Lavender said...

great job hahnji!! I really like how you think that the theme of the book is losing their names/identities. That ties in good with what we were doing in chapel a little while ago, the identity crisis thing! You did a really good job stating and explaning why you think that the theme of the book is the Koreans losing their names/identities. great work on the blogs!!! the book is over!

Rong Han said...

I totally agree with you in everything. I think that's what makes the book so interesting. I was really moved when I read the part when all the Korean's started begging the ansestors to forgive them because it was so strong. I think that is why most of the Koreans really hate the Japanese, even kids in our school! And I really like how you asked some question in the end. Great JOb!~

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

i'm sorry if this comment offended you, it won't happen again

ANthony Kang